Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sunday


Finally, feeling better, though I've got a bit of a (sexy) raspy voice and smoker's cough (at least, that's what it sounds like). I'm back to work, after a few days out of the city and then another spent administering the LSAT. The test work was easy, like being a TA without the teaching and responsibilities, if a little boring. Managed to get to campus for 7am on Saturday, which meant taking the bus at 6am. Despite the early hour, and the 90kmph winds (I really did think an errant branch might take me out while walking to the bus stop), I have to say: I love taking the bus really early in the morning. There's a cool solidarity about it, since everyone is on their way to work (not office jobs, though), or coming off the night shift. People say hello, and smile when someone else yawns.

The rest of Saturday was spent lounging around, drinking tea and watching the BBC show "Spooks" about MI5 agents. It's a good (though, not great) series, quite entertaining to watch, especially if you are a big Brit-tv dork like I am. Some of the pacing and dramatic dialogue is a bit off, giving the impression that it was written by a young or less polished writer. The weak points don't hamper enjoyment too much though, so I've been watching season 1 in its entirety. To my great delight, an old favourite pops up in the fourth episode. Season 1, ep4 is about anti-Bush demonstrators and features one Anthony Stewart Head (and Hugh Laurie! it's almost too much), looking ravishing as usual. He's an old spy in love with a young "anarcho" (*giggles*), and it's definitely worth a download.

Today, back to work. Then enjoy some sun (finally!) and join la famille urbaine for a round of Sunday dinner and Buffy, season 2.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Oh my! ASH as a spy! In love!! Looking rugged and sexy!!

Yes. V. good.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jane Dark said...

ASH! Oh, oh, oh! I adore him.

2:45 PM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

I've been rewatching Buffy and he consistently re-impresses me. I do quite love the sexy librarian thing, but he's been great in other series as well.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home