Monday, January 16, 2006

So: today. Meet-up with guy for research. I am excited, but, shall we say, a little nervous. As much as its been described as a friendly "chat over coffee", I fully recognize that it is a test.

Yesterday was nice, but light on the work front. Started off the day with breakfast at Hatch with three charming companions. Spent some time browsing used bookstores, walking in sunshine (what is that weird orb in the sky?) and chatting. From there, productivity hit a speedbump. Did a little work, sent off consent forms and interview request, but mostly watched movies (Serenity and Trainspotting). Serenity was so good. I didn't really like River in Firefly, but I changed my mind while watching the film. And then I had bad dreams, because, you know, Reevers.

In today's good news installment: I just looked outside and noticed that finally, a truck full of Roofers just pulled up. Sweet. Tarp that bad boy! (But watch out for the squirrels, they seem to be mainlining rage these days, and it is their home)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Those aren't roofers throwing tarps onto the roof. It's the squirrels.

I think it's spelt "Reavers."

12:50 PM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

Yes, the squirrels have lashed themselves in a bizarre attempt to plug the holes in their home.

And I like Reevers. Because it communicates a sort-of 1950's suburban family (gone wrong) horror. "Don't play with the Reever boy, Timmy, his family is just not right."

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Squirrel Reavers? They tie emptied walnut shells onto their ships?

6:40 PM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

omg, lol. (as the preteens would say)

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home