Friday, January 13, 2006

Jobs, research, life

So, I got the informal job that I went to see about the other day. Seems pretty straight forward, though Julia has freaked me out abit by saying the the boss will yell at me at some point during the day, most likely for following her own instructions.

In other news, my research is finally hitting its stride. I've updated my site, made contacts in various parts of the world and been contacted (out of the blue) by potential participants (very influential members of the community I am studying) who saw my site and liked what I had to say. I've got my first interview scheduled for this weekend, with the person I most wanted to chat with. Yesss! I wish I could go into details here, but that would pretty much take away the meager remnants of anonymity I try to maintain here. Suffice it to say that I am stoked, way, way stoked.

I am having a bit of a cozy evening at home. I've got the place to myself for a while (waiting for people to drop by), a bowl of organic tortilla chips and chipotle salsa (Que Pasa's new flavour, if you haven't tried it yet, for the love of pete, high thyself to a store and get some) and a nice warm pot of tea. CBC2 is playing some nice violin music, and the room is warm. I am wearing holiday slippers and a pair of woolen stockings. Add a nightcap (drink or thing you wear on your head) and the picture would be complete. I'd be a postmodern Alistair Sims, but hey, that's a good look for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Congrats on the job! Oh, and I will hightail it out there to get me some of that salsa.

*drool*

5:12 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

And my word verification for the above actually had JOB in it! I tell ya, there is a future in these word verifications as fortune tellers or something...

this one says csknafr... probably not as telling as the last one.

5:13 PM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

Csknafr is a little more subtle and abstract in meaning, which is why there's no english equivalent.

And thanks ;)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home