Wednesday, November 23, 2005

To do, continued

I hate making a list, accomplishing one thing on it and then having to deal with a much larger list the next day. On the menu for today:

Buy the damn hand brace, already.
Take beast to the vet or at least make an appointment.
Send off Ev's chocolate, since she was nice enough to send me her Russian books.
(Buy more chocolate since I ate the last bunch I bought for her).
Buy new library card, already. Deal with the fact that it is lost and will cost $10 to replace, and that there is some kind of lesson to be learned in that.
Get college essays sorted and ready to mark after meeting with prof tonight.
Do everything on yesterday's to-do list too.

I've decided that in aid of my goal of working for Unesco (okay, the goal is really just to live in Paris and get paid enough euros to be able to go to brunch in the Marais with my fabulous (and as yet, wholly imaginary) friends every Sunday), I'm going to brush up on the various languages I've studied. I've rented the materials from the library, and am going to work on them every morning. (Stop rolling your eyes! I'm going to do it this time!). To begin, let's all learn today's Russian proverb. All you grad students out there will like this one:

lbom ctenu ne proshibyosh.

"You cannot break through a wall with only your forehead". My cyrillic transliteration may be a bit rusty, but that's the gist. Happy Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home