Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Chapter submitted, yes!

Picture a Napoleon Dynamite-esque arm motion. I just emailed my chapter to my advisor. Damn! Somebody get me a (chocolate) martini!

It needs work still (and really, could be a thesis in its own right, which was part of the difficulty in writing it), but this draft is done. I think my dear advisor will be pleasantly surprised.

Other good things on the horizon:

Harry Potter 4 on Friday, oh hell yes*.
Annotated Sherlock Holmes volume I waiting for me to make a cup of tea and snuggle up with the cat.
Buying the Firefly dvd set tonight as a treat for finishing the chapter.
Time to work on more freelance articles.
Maybe getting paid this week by Mr. Recalcitrant Publisher
A full box of organic Earl Grey tea in the cupboard


Now off to ice the twisted claw my right hand has become from typing nonstop for the last 5 days.



*Provided it continues the cinematic excellence of the 3rd installment and foregoes the craptacularness of the first two non-movies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

i can't even watch the second one.... yaaaaaaawwn

congrats!

*hug*

3:10 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

yay you! (that will be me on Monday evening when the currently messy chapter four gets sent off to my committee)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ancrene Wiseass said...

Congrats!

9:51 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for the other listed stuff:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I have a good word verification: incbjaz

10:31 PM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

Thanks for the congrats! Rebecca, good luck on your messy chapter four.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home