Monday, November 14, 2005

T minus 26 hours

I've got 23+pages of chapter done, a stack of books to go through and am feeling pretty good about sending the sucker in by tomorrow night. Yeah, it'll be rough in spots, like the paragraph where I discuss one of my main theorist's concepts but I can't actually find the source that proves that he actually talks about what I'm crediting him with. Hmm.

In other news, I'm really mad at the CBC for only showing one half hour of Coronation Street on weeknights now. Yeah, I get more done and I don't end up spending 5 hours of the week watching the show, but come on! I blame Rabinovitch, personally. First he attacks The Current (which is rapidly turning into the only thing I can listen to in CBC's daytime schedule), then he moves on to Corrie. Ach.

1 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

I'm not sure if you are at this stage - I've read through some older posts and I think you are - but when finally trying to get that bugger HANDED IN, sometimes a little less perfection is helpful. Like you said, it will be rough in spots. It just will. And that is what feedback is for (at least in my world). Also (again unsure if you've gone through this already) I was shocked - SHOCKED I SAY - at all these things my committee *didn't* pick up on in the revisions.

I was like "hello, did you all miss this one section that I wrote in about 30 minutes and simply called 'filler in the spot where I should actually write something like this'..." I mean, a section I agonized over for days and days and finally just barfed something onto the page - fine. Nada. "Good" they say to me.

*shrug*

ooookay.

Moral of this long comment - rough in spots and handed in... priceless.

Which I almost typed as Princess. That is something else.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home