Thursday, November 17, 2005

The day after

I feel drunk with power. Okay, I always feel that way, but just that little bit more today. It is sunny outside and I don't have to do anything I don't want to.

Got dear friend off to the airport, in time, despite car trouble. Well, not trouble in the conventional sense of the word. I couldn't find an ignition on the Prius I was driving for the first time (who knew the little bastards aren't like real cars? What do you mean, find the power button?). Luckily, with a little cell phone usage (those things are handy! Remind me why I am philosophically opposed to them again?), some tech support and cheers from the peanut gallery, we were off. We kept thinking the car had stalled, but duh, it's silent when stopped.

As a treat, the parking lot was in the way of the filming for Xmen. Paging Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellin*. Just as I was ranting about film industry types being all haughty and lame, one of them stopped traffic for me so I could merge onto a busy rush hour clogged road. *Blush*. Film industry people are the best.

Okay, brace yourselves people. Buffy and Angel, complete series boxsets are now available. Everyone probably knows this already, but I'm liking my odds for this holiday season. They are cheapest through Amazon in the States, but the billing info says that it might be subject to import duties and taxes. How does that work? Will it make it just as/more expensive than ordering from .ca?




*They didn't respond to my page. Which, actually, isn't surprising, since it wasn't really a page. I am, however, holding out for seeing Patrick on the street and him calling me "darling". I hear he calls everyone that.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Well, if you go through to the final stage before actually hitting "submit my order" you can see the total. And that has been my total when buying from the states. I'm not sure if there is a possibility of someone adding more - ie: customs - but I have no idea about that.

My one friend pretty much buys everything from .com except random Canadian things like Jann Arden and the like.

6:09 PM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking but then I talked to my brother who ordered a software upgrade from Indianna and got hit with a 40$ import fee. Seems like it could happen, but not always. The difference on the Buffy dvd is like 50$ or something, so it seems worth it to order from .com.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home