Friday, December 22, 2006

Liberation from stuff

I am moving. My stuff is going into storage, and then I go to the airport and don't come back for 6-7 months. So, like an airplane, I'm actively jettisoning stuff (okay, not 70 tonnes of fuel over Frankfurt, but it feels as weighty a project)*.

Today, someone came to my house to pick up my old, serviceable yet ugly (in that "perfectly fine, just not my style" kinda way) dresser. I popped an ad on craigslist, and another on freecycle, got a ton of emails, put the sucker on the porch and voila, one item less to pack away! I feel 50 pounds lighter. Now I'm looking around for other stuff I can advertise. Free classifieds are awesome. Getting rid of stuff without having to do anything is, uh, awesomer. I particularly like not having to struggle to get a large item into a small car, or having to find bungee cords to strap the sucker to the roof.

Am I finished xmas shopping or am I kidding myself? Two and a half days until the big reveal.


*Yes, it's an inside joke related to massive delays in holiday travel schedules. Welcome back from K-town, Ms. J!

1 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

I love getting rid of stuff almost as much as I love getting stuff. So needless to say, I do a fair bit of both.

Well done with the unloading.

Much more productive than that whole fuel fiasco.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home