Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I am getting things done

√ Student visas collated
√ Tax forms collated
√ Visa forms and enclosures sent to the capital
√ Send mail to the Tax Man
√ Landlord called
√ End of tenancy notice drafted
Grading done

I thought I had won a major victory with the landlord. He agreed to immediate repairs, apologized and agreed to a rebate on rent. I asked for a small amount to cover the time between Sept to December, and he agreed. He showed up an hour later, with a cheque for a quarter of what I asked for. I am so sick of dealing with this thing.

ETA: I just checked the ad for our flat. As predicted, he's asking for almost $200 more per month than we are paying. Secret message to slumlord: you have one more chance to make this right, then we'll be seeing you at arbitration.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

*A* tax man! *A* not THE! [/corner gas]

I'm sitting here giggling to myself.

9:30 AM  
Blogger grad student hack said...

This made me giggle too. I don't watch the show very often, but the dialogue rings a bell. Why do we say "The Taxman"?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home