Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I made it back in one piece, with lovely views coming in to the city through snowclouds to the stormy seas below. The satellite tv on board was rubbish practically the whole flight, but I kept watching and have thus transported 40 student papers across the continent, twice, without even looking at them. Luckily there are snow closures right now, or I'd be in trouble.

One room of the house is toasty warm, the others are just marginally warmer than outside. It's -8 right now, and there are icicles on the inside of the windows. Fun, eh?

Today will be marking, final submission of all visa documents to the embassy, hot chocolate and walks outside. It's icy as hell, but I got my embarassing fall-in-public moment out of the way last night when my suitcases managed to negate my balance on an ice patch, so hopefully today will be spent with a little dignity. I'm kidding myself on this point, but it's nice to start the day with a little hopefulness.

1 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

Despite my snow above my knees and lack of power for three days and today being -35 and yesterday -38... I still feel for you.

And wishing you speedy marking!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home