Thursday, February 23, 2006

Windy

Well, last summer I cursed them through the window and stomped around yelling "God, why doesn't the City hire actual arborists to trim the trees instead of these chainsaw wielding maniacs"? but this morning, cozily tucked in bed with a purring beast on my stomach, I have to say that I had a little moment of appreciation for the tree butcherers. The wind was furiously whipping the branches in every direction, the kind of whipping that says "here's a branch through your window, just for laughs...all the best, love nature". Due to a team of highly paid and aesthetically warped city workers (with no seeming training beyond "here's how you start a chainsaw"), none of the branches obeyed (having been stripped off the trees within an inch of their lives) and I was able to stay in bed for an extra half hour. Would real arborists have also prevented branch-borne tragedy in these winds? Well, sure. But for today, I'm saying a little thank you to Bubba and Joe, the dudes with the love of machinery and the hatred of branches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home