Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I said to myself that I wouldn't start a blog if I couldn't keep it updated...it always makes me nuts to read someone's posts, enjoy them and then have them stop writing (even though I know, rationally, that life intervenes and that I'm just a spectator, so it's not my place to feel as though anyone owes me anything). But, well, humans aren't fully rational beings at all times, so I do feel cheated and sad when my favourites stop posting.

So, I'm going to try my darndest to not have this end up like every craft or diary I've ever started (half finished, unraveling, incomplete, left to gather dust in a junk pile that I'm unable to dispose of because one day I might pick it up again). This is the longest I've ever maintained a journal of sorts and I want to keep it up. Sometimes I don't update because it's too complex to navigate the strands of anonymity, public/private information, audience. Mostly it's cause I'm tired or am avoiding writing all together. Add to it the complication of a full time job outside of the city that I love but can't talk about without compromising my anonymity, and voila...lapsed posting and emo explanations for said lapses.

All this to say, I'll try. I will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Do or do not, there is no try.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home